Devil Town Families
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to properly RP a driveby.

Go down

How to properly RP a driveby.  Empty How to properly RP a driveby.

Post  Christopher_Rayne Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Guide created by Tyrone Phipps.

Topics I will discuss in this guide:
  • How to realistically roleplay a drive-by
  • How to realistically roleplay during a drive-by
  • How to realistically roleplay after a drive-by

Realistically Roleplaying a Drive-by

First off, if you want to drive-by someone, you'd need a purpose. What most people do is, they just do a drive-by when there low on numbers but want to attack someone. This is completely wrong and totally unrealistic. Drive-by's are meant to send a message, or a warning to rivals, hence drive-by. In a drive-by, you objective is to just drive-by an enemy spraying as many bullets towards them as you can. The more bullets, the better, because it scares them more. It lets them know that you have the firepower, and if they want to go to war, you have the means and the firepower to win that war. Most of the time people aren't killed during drive-by's, there either wounded, in shock, or perfectly fine. A drive-by isn't a long thing either, usually 14-20 seconds. Doing a drive-by, and just driving back and forth for minutes is extremely unrealistic. Drive-bys are meant to be quick, the only exception is if they run into an area such as an alley, and you can quickly drive in, shoot, and get it, then most gang-bangers would take the risk. There is also one big no-no in a drive-by, and that's getting out of the car. I have seen this countless times, that people do a drive-by, hop out chase people down, then get back in. Mixing a drive-by and a foot attack isn't very common in real life, but for some reason is on LS:RP, even though it isn't very realistic. As said above, drive-by's are meant to be quick, hoping out of the car just defeats the purpose.

Realistically roleplaying during a drive-by

This is a debated topic, and everyone has different views. This, in my opinion, is a realistic point of view. When a drive-by takes place, it takes quick action and thinking to survive without getting wounded. The most common thing to do is just drop to the floor. This is usually what is done, since the people shooting are elevated, if you were to drop behind a car they wouldn't have a shot on you. The other common thing to do is to run and attempt to hide behind something. This decision is usually chosen by people who usually panic or can't think quickly, so it fits characters who panic, worry, or aren't too bright. Now, the most common thing on LS:RP is to just roleplay pulling out a gun and shooting. Now, there is one way to realistically roleplay this and one way not too. The realistic way is to get into cover some place, such as a bush or behind a car, then withdraw your weapon and begin firing, since most people aren't dumb enough or quick enough to just stand in the open, withdraw a gun, and open fire, though this is common on LS:RP. Most people during a drive-by panic and fear death or losing money and/or weapons, and just immediately withdraw a firearm and begin to open fire. This is extremely unrealistic, and most of the time ineffective. As said before, most people don't have fast enough reaction times to withdraw a gun in a split second and begin to open fire, especially gangbangers, since gangbangers are usually the ones abusing drugs and/or alcohol, or just sitting around talking about random stuff losing brain cells. It is also ineffective, because if there are good shooters in the car, they will focus on you immediately, and attempt to kill you so you'll stop firing on them, and they can leave safely.

How to realistically roleplay after a drive-by

People usually don't think about how to realistically roleplay after a drive-by, and just go on with business as usual. This is the opposite of what you should do. Most people are usually shocked about the whole thing, and will just sit there, staring blankly towards the ground or sobbing deeply if there younger. The people who actually seem to care about the people around them will go around, making sure everyone is ok and that no one was injured. The other reaction would be anger. Some people might get up, smash there fists on something, and walk around pouting and moaning, extremely upset and hungry for revenge, though after a drive-by, a retaliation is one, not realistic, and two, against the gang RoE, so I suggest not doing so. The other thing you don't want to do is set up back on your corners and continue to sell narcotics. This is very unrealistic, since most people would be extremely paranoid after a drive-by, and will usually be glancing around there shoulder constantly, flinching at loud noises, or will just be extremely precautious, and would still be expecting them to drive back and shoot at them again, rob them, or jump them.

This is a guide on how to roleplay all aspects of a drive-by from a realistic point of view. This is up for discussion, and I don't mind criticism. I hope my guide has increased your roleplay or helped you out in some way.

Christopher_Rayne
Resident

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum