Devil Town Families
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Street Drug measurment and Lingo

2 posters

Go down

Street Drug measurment and Lingo Empty Street Drug measurment and Lingo

Post  Christopher_Rayne Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 am

This guide is by a player who calls himself Oak. I thought it was a very nice guide.
First off, I'd like to start by clarifying that this isn't a guide about how to roleplay around drugs or anything like that. It is more along the lines of a list, a dictionary or glossary, as branded by the thread's title, about drug measurements on a street and dealing level, such as what a dime bag is or how many grams are in an eight ball of weed; what is the difference between angel dust and acid; what means to be based out and how it's different from speedballing.

Most of us didn't grow up on ghetto drug corners and, luckily I'd say, didn't get the chance to learn drug related slang first hand from the streets. That being said, whenever those who wouldn't know about this otherwise decide to roleplay a character that somehow dabbles into the drug, gang or poverty-stricken world in general, they might find a certain difficulty to, let's say, portray a decent junkie, because of their lack of knowledge in the matter at hand throughout this thread. With this, I'm trying to make everything as clear as possible to everyone, so as to minimize the overly present confusion in drug roleplay.

[size=150]Drug Measurements[/size]
Adapting this to LS:RP, we need full grams. Milligrams don't interest us that much because you can't give 29.2345
grams of Marijuana to John_Doe. You could give him 29 grams or 30 grams, but nothing in between. In this guide, I will round all numbers to the nearest one (i.e. 29.2345 = 29, 29.593 = 30 and 29.832 = 30).

Ounces, pounds and kilograms
    For the record: lbs = pounds, oz. = ounces

Eight of "drug", aka. half quarter of "drug" (1/8 oz.) = 4 grams
    Quarter ounce of "drug", quarter of "drug" (1/4 oz.) = 7 grams
    Half ounce of "drug" (1/2 oz.) = 14 grams
    An ounce of "drug" (1 oz.) = 28 grams

Quarter pound of "drug" (1/4 lbs.) = 113 grams
    Half a pound of "drug" (1/2 lbs.) = 227 grams
    A pound of "drug" (1 lbs.) = 454 grams
    Kilogram/kilo/key of "drug" = 1000 grams

Bags and others
A dime bag, dub bag/dubs, nickel bag or JFK bag are all "bags" of drugs that represent the actual price of some quantity of drugs. Let me try to reformulate with an example: a dime bag is anything of said drug that costs 10$. In LS:RP, our monetary system is very varied, to say the least. In that effect, a large portion of our roleplayers "RP" their money, meaning that IC, they knock off a digit from the actual OOC value, i.e. one dollar ((IC)), would mean $10 ((OOC)). If they were to pay a dollar to their friends, they'd "/pay 10". Their reason for doing this is to be more realistic. Frankly, I do it all the time, not trying to force anyone into doing anything they're not comfortable with, but I'm just saying that you'll seldom ever find a gram of weed for 10$ (real value) IC. For that specific reason, the "bags" slang applies a lot better to this monetary roleplaying technique I just went through. [size=110]So for the rest of the guide, remember that all monetary values have been divided by ten, i.e. a dime bag = 10$, so if you ask for a dime bag IC, you're asking for whatever amount of your drug is 100$ (usually, a gram of weed could be about 100$).[/size]

Eightball of "drug" = 4 grams
    Nickel/nickel bag of "drug" = 5$ worth of said "drug" ((50$))
    Dime/dime bag of "drug" = 10$ worth of said "drug" ((100$))
    Dub/dub bag = 20$ worth of marijuana/weed/kush/cannabis ((200$))
    JFK/JFK bag = 50$ worth of marijuana/weed/kush/cannabis ((500$))

[size=150]Slang[/size]
This part doesn't need much introduction. It's basically just a few terms I personally selected that I feel we use often in LS:RP drug related roleplay. I think that by posting them here, I'd be able to try and thwart at least some OOC confusion.

Top drugs and their street names
I found this awesome list here, it's not my own work so I'm not taking credit. All I did was adapt it to the thread and change a few little things.

Cocaine
    Blow, C, candy, coke, do a line, freeze, girl, happy dust, Mama coca, mojo, monster, nose, pimp, shot, smoking gun, snow, sugar, sweet stuff, and white powder.

Crack (a form of cocaine, smokeable)
    Base, beat, blast, casper, chalk, devil drug, gravel, hardball, hell, kryptonite, love, moonrocks, rock, scrabble, stones, apple jacks and tornado.

Depressants
    Backwards, blue heavens, downie, drowsy high, green dragons, idiot pills, joy juice, M&M, no worries, peanut, rainbows, red bullets, stoppers, stumbler, tooles and yellow.

Fentanyl
    Apache, China girl, China town, dance fever, friend, goodfellas, great bear, he-man, jackpot, king ivory, murder 8, poison, tango and cash and TNT.

GHB (Gamma-hydroxybutyric acid)
    Caps, cherry meth, ever clear, easy lay, fantasy, G, G-riffic, gamma hydrate, Georgia home boy, grievous bodily harm, liquid ecstasy, liquid X, soap and sodium oxybate.

Heroin
    Aunt Hazel, big H, black pearl, brown sugar, capital H, charley, china white, dope, good horse, H, hard stuff, hero, heroina, little boy, mud, perfect high, smack, stuff, Dr. Feelgood and tar.

Inhalants
    Air blast, bolt, boppers, bullet bolt, climax, discorama, hardware, heart-on, highball, honey oil, huff, laughing gas, medusa, moon gas, satan’s secret, thrust and whiteout.

Ketamine
    Bump, cat killer, cat valium, fort dodge, green, honey oil, jet, K, ket, kit kat, psychedelic heroin, purple, special “K”, special la coke, super acid, super C and vitamin K.

LSD (Lysergic acid diethylamide)
    A, Acid, black star, blotter, boomers, cubes, Elvis, golden dragon, L, microdot, paper acid, pink robots, superman, twenty-five, yellow sunshine and ying yang.

Marijuana
    420, Aunt Mary, baby, bobby, boom, chira, chronic, ditch, ganja, grass, greens, hash, herb, Mary Jane, nigra, Pot, reefer, rip, root, skunk, stack, torch, weed and zambi.

MDMA (Methylenedioxy-methamphetamine)
    Adam, bean, blue kisses, clarity, club drug, disco biscuits, E, ecstasy, hug drug, love drug, lover’s speed, Mercedes, New Yorkers, peace, roll, white dove, X and XTC.

Mescaline
    Beans, buttons, cactus, cactus buttons, cactus head, chief, love trip, mesc, mescal, mezc, moon, peyote and topi.

Methamphetamine
    Beannies, blue devils, chalk, CR, crank, crystal, crystal meth, fast, granulated orange, ice, meth, Mexican crack, pink, rock, speckled birds, speed, tina and yellow powder.

Methcathinone
    Bathtub speed, Cadillac express, cat, crank, ephedrone, gagers, go-fast, goob, qat, slick superspeed, star, the C, tweeker, wild cat and wonder star.

Opium
    Ah-pen-yen, aunti, big O, black stuff, Chinese tobacco, chocolate, dopium, dover’s deck, dream gun, hard stuff, hocus, joy plant, O, ope, pin yen, toxy and zero.

PCP (Phencyclidine)
    Angel dust, belladonna, black whack, CJ, cliffhanger, crystal joint, Detroit pink, elephant tranquilizer, hog, magic, Peter Pan, sheets, soma, TAC, trank, white horizon and zoom.

Psilocybin/psilocin
    Boomers, god’s flesh, little smoke, magic mushroom, Mexican mushrooms, mushrooms, musk, sherm, shrooms, silly putty and simple simon.

Ritalin
    Crackers, one and ones, pharming, poor man’s heroin, R-ball, ritz an ts, set, skippy, speedball, ts and ritz, ts and rs, vitamin R and west coast.

Rohypnol
    Circles, forget-me pill, la rocha, lunch money drug, Mexican valium, pingus, R2, Reynolds, roche, roofies, rope, ruffles and wolfies.

Steroids
    Abolic, anadrol, arnolds, bolasterone, dihydrolone, equipose, gym candy, juice, methyl testosterone, proviron, pumpers, stackers, therobolin, weight trainers and winstrol V.

Other drug related slang
This is the last part of this guide, where it gets into somewhat of a drug related street dictionary.

Fiend/dope fiend = crack or marijuana addict, sometimes also anyone who smokes marijuana alone or that hides before getting high (off weed), though it can also refer to any and all crack addicts.

Hot box = to fill up a closed area with second-hand marijuana smoke, usually closing all windows, doors and basically trapping the smoke-filled air inside, thus getting everyone in the room a little high off second-hand smoke.

Munchies = to get real hungry after smoking marijuana, as it boosts appetite a lot.

Mule = drugs carrier, usually women used through customs, border checkpoints or even in anticipation of street raids.

Back to back = smoking crack after injecting heroin or heroin used after smoking crack.

Backtrack = to allow blood to flow back into a needle during injection.

Bad trip = bad drug experience/trip.

Ganja = the Jamaican word for Marijuana.

Blunt = usually a very large marijuana cigarette, rolled as a cigar and most of the time fatter than any other normal joint.

Zombie = a heavy user of drugs.

Speedball(ing) = a speedball is a mixture of heroin and cocaine (valid under both crack or powder form), speedballing is the slang for the act of taking heroin and cocaine either together or very quickly after one another, mixing the very different highs together.

Give wings = inject someone or teach someone to inject heroin

Comment if you'd like me to add something you use during your RP. There's no need to crowd the list any further with terms we don't use at all.

Christopher_Rayne
Resident

Back to top Go down

Street Drug measurment and Lingo Empty Re: Street Drug measurment and Lingo

Post  Hinton Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Great topic you fiend.
Hinton
Hinton
Original Gangster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum